If you’re looking around for a Zucchini Cake recipe, then don’t look any further than this one. It’s straight from taste.com.auÂ but I’ve posted it here to remind myself about how great it is.
- 1 cup (150g) plain flour
- 150g caster sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 250g grated zucchini
- 150g raisins
- 150g sultanas
- 75g chopped toasted pecans, plus a few whole, to garnish
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (125ml) olive oil
- 1 cup (150g) sifted pure icing sugar
- 1 tsp finely grated lemon rind
- 1-1 1/2 tbs lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 180Â°C. Grease and line the base of a 25 x 10cm loaf pan.
- Sift flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, soda anda pinch of salt into a large bowl.
- Add zucchini, raisins, sultanas and pecans. Whisk together eggs, vanilla and oil, and stirÂ into dry ingredients. Pour into prepared pan and bake for 1-1 1/4 hours or until a skewerÂ inserted into cake comes out clean. Allow to cool slightly, then place on a wire rack toÂ cool completely.
- To make the icing, combine the icing sugar, rind and juice, and stir until the mixture isÂ smooth. When the cake is cold, drizzle with icing, allowing it to run down the sides, andÂ top with extra nuts. This cake keeps well for 4-5 days in an airtight container.